Health Care Business Transactions
A significant part of our practice involves representing clients in the formation, operation and acquisition of health care businesses. We provide practical advice regarding regulatory compliance, antitrust and securities law, governance, operations, and the negotiation and preparation of transaction documents, working closely with our clients from the conceptual stage through closing.
Our experience includes:
- The formation, restructuring and acquisition of single and multi-specialty surgery centers, imaging centers (MRI, CT and PET) and other diagnostic and treatment health care facilities;
- Surgery center and imaging center joint ventures with for profit and nonprofit hospitals and hospital systems;
- Formation and mergers of single specialty and multi-specialty physician practices, dental practices and multi-specialty practices, including choice of entity (professional corporation versus LLC, etc.), development of governance structures, buy-sell provisions, shareholder agreements, etc.;
- A multi-specialty physician group’s acquisition of an ownership interest in a community hospital;
- Practice sales and acquisitions;
- Formation and representation of health care-related management companies;
- Formation and representation of medical research ventures.