Milligan Lawless’ taxation lawyers are experienced in a variety of tax areas, including federal, state, local, international taxation, exempt organizations, employee benefits, estates and trusts. We practice before the Internal Revenue Service, the U.S. Department of Labor, the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation and other federal and state agencies.
Our experience includes:
- Tax planning from small start-ups to large privately owned businesses;
- Choice of entity tax planning and structuring of businesses organized as C or S corporations, limited liability companies, limited liability partnerships, and general and limited partnerships;
- Planning and structuring of corporate mergers, acquisitions and dispositions, as well as tax-free reorganizations;
- Tax free spin-offs and split-ups, taxable acquisitions and divestitures, and mergers
- Gift, estate, and inheritance taxation (see Estate Planning and Probate practice area);
- Representation of business and individuals in federal and state collection matters;
- Tax planning and structuring of tax-exempt organizations and the preparation and filing of tax-exemption applications with the Internal Revenue Service;
- Bankruptcy and insolvency tax planning;
- Advice on Arizona tax matters and local tax issues;
- Obtaining private letter rulings from the Internal Revenue Service and the rendering of tax opinions;
- Employee benefit and executive compensation arrangements.