He has extensive experience helping clients structure, negotiate and implement effective and compliant relationships with their business partners, including hospital/physician joint ventures, management and administrative service arrangements, professional service agreements and other business relationships. He regularly advises clients regarding federal and state health care laws and regulations, including the Anti-Kickback laws, the Stark Law, HIPAA, Federal and State licensing and certification requirements and a myriad of other health care laws.
Bryan is one of a handful of attorneys in Arizona with substantial experience advising health care providers regarding Medicare and Medicaid (AHCCCS) reimbursement laws, including representing providers involved in government and commercial payor audits, investigations and appeals. He also represents providers in government investigations and enforcement actions related to licensing and health care claims.
- Advising clients regarding the Stark Law, the Anti-Kickback laws, Antitrust laws, and Medicare, Medicaid and AHCCCS reimbursement rules and regulations;
- Representing health care providers in investigations conducted by the Department of Justice, DHHS Office of Inspector General, AHCCCS Inspector General and other enforcement agencies;
- Defending providers under investigation by the Office for Civil Rights for violating HIPAA and drafting and implementing compliant HIPAA policies and procedures;
- Representing health care providers, facilities and pharmacies in federal and state administrative and licensing matters;
- Health care mergers and acquisitions;
- Formation and operation of physician organizations, provider networks and multi-disciplinary clinics;
- Representing health care practices in general corporate matters, employment issues, business development and contractual disputes
- Managed care contracting and credentialing actions; and
- Advising and representing providers regarding clinical trial agreements, FDA site inspections and audits.
- AV Preeminent Peer Review Rating, Martindale-Hubbell
- “The Best Lawyers in America,” Healthcare Law, since 2014
- “Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business” since 2015
- “Southwest Super Lawyers Rising Star,” 2012-2013
- State Bar of Arizona
- American Health Lawyers Association
- American Bar Association—Health Law Section
- Arizona Society of Healthcare Attorneys, Board of Directors
Arizona State University,
J.D., cum laude, 2000
Associate Editor, Jurimetrics: The Journal of Law, Science, and Technology
Northern Arizona University
Bar and Court Admissions