Bryan S. Bailey
He has extensive experience helping clients structure, negotiate and implement effective and compliant relationships with their business partners, including hospital/physician joint ventures, management and administrative service arrangements, professional service agreements and other business relationships. He regularly advises clients regarding federal and state health care laws and regulations, including the Anti-Kickback laws, the Stark Law, HIPAA, Federal and State licensing and certification requirements and a myriad of other health care laws.
Bryan is one of a handful of attorneys in Arizona with substantial experience advising health care providers regarding Medicare and Medicaid (AHCCCS) reimbursement laws, including representing providers involved in government and commercial payor audits, investigations and appeals. He also represents providers in government investigations and enforcement actions related to licensing and health care claims.
- Advising clients regarding the Stark Law, the Anti-Kickback laws, Antitrust laws, and Medicare, Medicaid and AHCCCS reimbursement rules and regulations;
- Representing health care providers in investigations conducted by the Department of Justice, DHHS Office of Inspector General, AHCCCS Inspector General and other enforcement agencies;
- Defending providers under investigation by the Office for Civil Rights for violating HIPAA and drafting and implementing compliant HIPAA policies and procedures;
- Representing health care providers, facilities and pharmacies in federal and state administrative and licensing matters;
- Health care mergers and acquisitions;
- Formation and operation of physician organizations, provider networks and multi-disciplinary clinics;
- Representing health care practices in general corporate matters, employment issues, business development and contractual disputes
- Managed care contracting and credentialing actions; and
- Advising and representing providers regarding clinical trial agreements, FDA site inspections and audits.
- AV Preeminent Peer Review Rating, Martindale-Hubbell
- “The Best Lawyers in America,” Healthcare Law, since 2014
- “Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business” since 2015
- “Southwest Super Lawyers Rising Star,” 2012-2013
- State Bar of Arizona
- American Health Lawyers Association
- American Bar Association—Health Law Section
- Arizona Society of Healthcare Attorneys, Board of Directors
Arizona State University,
J.D., cum laude, 2000
Associate Editor, Jurimetrics: The Journal of Law, Science, and Technology
Northern Arizona University
Bar and Court Admissions
Milligan Lawless Receives Top Rankings From Chambers USA 2023
We are pleased to announce today that Chambers USA ranked Milligan Lawless, P.C. and 4 of our attorneys among the best in Arizona for 2023. Among Arizona law firms, Milligan Lawless achieved a Band 1 ranking, Chambers USA’s highest recognition, in the Healthcare practice area. Chambers USA is an annual ranking that assesses each law…
Nine Milligan Lawless Attorneys Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America© 2023
The Best Lawyers in America© is the longest-running peer-review publication in the legal profession.
Milligan Lawless Receives Top Rankings From Chambers USA 2022
We are pleased to announce today that Chambers USA ranked Milligan Lawless, P.C. and 3 of our attorneys among the best in Arizona for 2022.
10 Milligan Lawless Attorneys Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America© 2021
The Best Lawyers in America© is the longest-running, peer-review publication in the legal profession.
Congress Passes Favorable Amendments to the Payroll Protection Program
The Payroll Protection Program (“PPP”) continues to be revised in ways that are favorable to physician practices and other small businesses. In May, amidst growing uncertainty about whether businesses that took out loans under the PPP would be subject to second-guessing regarding their certification as to their need for the loans, the SBA and Department…
Milligan Lawless Receives Top Rankings From Chambers USA 2020
We are pleased to announce today that Chambers USA ranked Milligan Lawless, P.C. and 3 of our attorneys among the best in Arizona for 2020. Among Arizona law firms, Milligan Lawless achieved a Band 1 ranking, Chambers USA’s highest recognition, in the Healthcare practice area. The firm received the following “Leading Individual” rankings for Phoenix…