Aaron concentrates in the areas of business and corporate, healthcare and real estate law directed towards transactional and operational issues.
Aaron’s practice comprises of counseling individuals and companies on a diverse array of business and corporate matters, mergers and acquisitions and real estate affairs across various industries. Aaron assists clients in a variety of matters, including: negotiating agreements; documenting complex transactions; preparing documents for business formation, development and expansion; and drafting documents for property sale transactions and leasing.
Prior to joining Milligan Lawless, P.C., Aaron served as an Attorney in the Law Department at UnityPoint Health—a large healthcare system based in Iowa, Illinois and Wisconsin. While practicing at UnityPoint Health, Aaron focused on healthcare, business and intellectual property law.
Aaron is a native of Mason City, Iowa.
Business & Corporate
Aaron guides clients from start-ups to established companies, such as corporations, limited liability companies and other forms of entities, and documents a wide range of business and corporate matters including transactions, ventures, formation, development, planning, review and negotiations.
Mergers & Acquisitions
Drawing on experience in business merger and acquisition transactions, Aaron helps clients navigate through simple and complex deals. Aaron facilitates smooth negotiations and favorable outcomes by drafting and negotiating essential M&A documents such as letters of intent, term sheets, confidentiality agreements, due diligence reports, asset and equity purchase agreements, disclosure schedules, closing deliverables and post-closing obligations.
In the Real Estate sector, Aaron assists buyers, sellers, commercial and residential owners, landlords and tenants, in reviewing, negotiating and drafting matters related to residential and commercial property sale transactions, leasing, development and planning.
Intellectual Property Licensing, Information Technology, Privacy & Security
Aaron provides guidance to clients with software, information technology and general licensing agreements, trial, research and material transfer agreements and other agreements related to the commercialization of biologics and intellectual property. Aaron also assists clients with intellectual property diligence, availability, registration, development, protection and management.
Labor & Employment
Aaron reviews, negotiates and drafts employment and independent contractor offers and agreements for healthcare practitioners, IT professionals, consultants, marketing professionals, software developers and other professionals. Aaron also advises clients on non-competition, non-solicitation and confidentiality obligations and restrictions.
Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Arizona
- State Bar of Arizona; Business and Real Estate Law Sections
- State Bar of Iowa
- American Bar Association
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Arizona Society of Healthcare Attorneys
- Medical Group Management Association
- Phoenix Iowa Club, Member
Drake Law School
Health Law Certificate
Business Law Certificate
Intellectual Property Law Certificate
Drake College of Business & Public Administration
University of Iowa
B.A., Biology, 2015
Bar and Court Admissions
Recent Representative Experience:
- Assisted various sellers in sales of regional surgery, neurology and general medical practices and retirement communities and nursing facilities to private equity buyers and larger healthcare systems.
- Counseled a dental group in its corporate restructuring and a large orthopedic group in various matters ranging from seller representation in a real estate sale to general corporate and ownership matters.
- Advised restaurant franchisees in multiple sales, operation expansion and contractual arrangements.
- Represented sellers of an aerospace software company and a digital marketing life sciences business to larger industry companies, and a seller in the sale of a large, national information technology and support services provider to a private equity buyer.
- Supported the founder of vintage, performance and sports car businesses, in business and real estate acquisitions and general corporate, operational and contractual matters.
- Provided counsel to a regional dairy and foodservice producer and distributor in a variety of contractual arrangements.
- Guided multiple sellers in the heating, cooling, refrigeration, electrical, commercial flooring, industrial equipment and construction sectors in buyouts and sales to private equity backed buyers.
- Aided a neurology institute with various research, trial, material transfer and licensing arrangements.
- Facilitated the buyer of a series of asset and real estate acquisitions of smaller cardiology and general medical practices and served the buyer of a nutraceuticals business in an asset and real estate purchase transaction.