John is a Shareholder in the Phoenix, Arizona law firm of Milligan Lawless, P.C. John is a business litigator. His practice includes the representation of physicians, physician groups, and health care organizations in a variety of litigation matters such as contract-based claims, shareholder disputes, payor/provider disputes and business torts. John’s practice also includes advising and representing employers in employment related litigation and other matters such as internal investigations, non-competition agreements, protection of trade secrets, wage claims and workplace discrimination. He also provides ongoing general legal counsel regarding issues that arise in the day-to-day operation of his clients’ businesses. John is also a Colonel in the Air Force Judge Advocate General’s Corps.
- “The Best Lawyers in America,” Administrative/Regulatory Law, 2021
- State Bar of Arizona
- American Health Lawyers Association
- National Guard Association of the United States
- United States Air Force Judge Advocate General’s Corps, 2010 – Present
- United States Army Judge Advocate General’s Corps, 1996-2010
- Litigation and negotiated resolution of physician shareholder/member disputes and asset allocation;
- Representation of physicians in commercial payor audits and disputes;
- Representation of physicians in government payor audits and disputes;
- Representation of physicians in licensing matters before the Arizona Medical Board;
- Representation of licensed long term care facilities in surveys and administrative hearings;
- Investigation and litigation of cases under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, the Employee Retirement Income Security Act, and the Arizona Wage Statutes; and
- Trial experience in state, federal and military courts.